Providing a relaxed, supportive, and educational atmosphere for those who are non-human identified.

The usefulness of headspaces in non-multiples

Leaf

Species : Lizard

The usefulness of headspaces in non-multiples

Post  Leaf on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Headspaces, wonderlands, imagination places, etc...Whatever place you want to call the area in your head that you may escape to now and then or daydream about. Do you have one? What purpose does it serve for you?
    TheLark

Species : Winged Human

Re: The usefulness of headspaces in non-multiples

Post  TheLark on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:08 am

Keeps me company Smile I spend a lot of time by myself, chatting away. Just me talking to me....
    Seven

Species : Multiple System

Post  Seven on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:09 am

Oh, I can say I have one. I'm not always lucid when daydreaming either, it's my subconscious that has the reins. It's like the exact opposite side of the fence of my sleep dreams, where I run a dairy farm as an anthropomorphized, bipedal cow.

My place I escape to during daydreams is a large pasture, where I am a cow. Nothing special, just a cow. Over the last couple of months, I've developed having a calf there too. Its a happy, calm place, which is QUITE welcome since I'm not generally a calm person. You can't really ask for a more simple life than wandering around, eating grass, playing in the dirt, sleeping, and getting annoyed at being pestered by a kid.

My sleep dreams seem to add bits and pieces of things that affected me over the last few days. If nothing major happens, they are routine, but some things really can quite alter them. My daydreams seem immune to outside stimulus, which really makes me place it in a very different category from dream, so yeah, I like my own personal "headspace".

Wind

Species : Dragon Shifter

Post  Wind on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:09 pm

A small space now that I think about it. Nothing really special. Since this is a region of untapped potential, and heaven knows I'm all for an adventure, this gives me ideas for something new to do.
    Kai
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Species : Snow Leopard/Dragon

Post  Kai on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

I actually don't have one, though I wish I did. When I pull back into myself and my own mind all that's there is a void, like being in space. Just floating there, I think there may be a few spashes of colour far off like very distant nebulae, but for the most part there's nothing.
    Though I want a nice nature space where my theriotypes can feel at home, and just something that has more substance. Razz

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Howe's Egg Principle
    Nassath

Species : Lizard

Post  Nassath on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:40 pm

They certainly have their uses. I visit mine when I am meditating or need to get rid of some stress. There's nothing wrong with having one, and I think it's probably a healthy thing to do. Sometimes we need breaks and have no way to really get away. This may not be the best alternative, but it's still a good one.
    Sanshain

Species : Dragon

Post  Sanshain on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:09 pm

I guess I've never really thought about my imaginary escape being a head space. Though, I guess that's what it would be. It's helpful to me because when I'm feeling stressed, I put myself there to decompress mentally. It's about the only shred of anything I have to keep my sanity some days.
    Sharden
    Administrator
    Administrator

Species : Furred Dragon

Post  Sharden on Mon May 12, 2014 3:14 pm

I guess I sort of have one. Just some little place I cue up in my mind mostly when I need to "go to my happy place". I'd say most individuals have something like this.
    Ink

Species : Common Raven

Post  Ink on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Headspaces can be fun! It's about the only time I can imagine myself being a little birdy and get away with it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm