Providing a relaxed, supportive, and educational atmosphere for those who are non-human identified.

What does your headspace look like?

What does your headspace look like?

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Head spaces, internal worlds, inside, mental construct, whatever you want to call it, it's the area that we can create inside our minds to go to as a happy place or somewhere comforting. Head spaces aren't just for multiples or nonhumans and they can be as elaborate or basic as you want them to be because your mind is your own and you can make it look however you want.

Your head space can be a place that you can retreat to when you're unable to physically get away from your current surroundings. They can also be poofed into existence or meticulously built or a combination of the two.

Why have a head space you might be asking. Well, why not? Head spaces act as places that we can relax in and see ourselves as we truly are with our inner consciousness. We can be ourselves in an atmosphere that we've created and is as safe as we make it out to be. You can stalk your prey, you can forage, you can fly, you can destroy, you can do anything. No smoke and mirrors required as we've all got the ability of imagination!

I find mine to be a source of comfort when I'm feeling shifts coming on, as well as something to help me occupy myself when I'm having trouble sleeping. I also use it as a way to work out issues, be creative, and pass the time. If you're trying to work out the details of your existence, it can be a helpful tool to help you figure things out.

So, what does your head space look like? Did you just make it come into being or did you build it slowly? I'm curious to know what everyone's looks like! Smile
    Asheroth

Species : Sabertooth Cat (Smilodon Populator)

Re: What does your headspace look like?

Post  Asheroth on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:53 pm

Mine is pretty simple. Forested area with a small fresh water spring running through it. It's pretty relaxing and a great help to me even with it being so simple.

Oh, and I just poofed everything into existance.

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Asheroth wrote:Mine is pretty simple. Forested area with a small fresh water spring running through it. It's pretty relaxing and a great help to me even with it being so simple.

Oh, and I just poofed everything into existance.

This is pretty much what mine looks like. Though I generally see mine as being pretty densely packed with trees like a forest or a jungle. Smile
    Chimera

Species : Varies

Post  Chimera on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Our Innerworld (our word for the world that we live in besides our physical body) is that of a world thick in wilderness. Our innerworld acts as another world and was not created by us but rather it acts as an alternate reality to us in that we have to eat, drink, breathe, stay warm/cool, sleep, etc here just like in the outerworld (our word for the world where our physical body is and lives). The climate here is mild and it rains fairly often (and its overcast a lot of the time) so the plant-life here thrives and is lush. The wildlife here also lives quite well consisting of various species of animal native to modern day North America well as some species that went extinct a long time ago.

Our innerworld is literally another world for us. We can't change it and we didn't create. Its just always been there and we've always been there. Which is why we think we might be a gateway system.

- Zedjeb

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:53 am

My little world tends to vary in looks but mainly runs by the same theme which is that of music. If I listened to something extremely happy beforehand and jumped into my head space, it would probably look like a big grassy set of hills with blue skies overhead. If I listened to something that reminded me of rain, it would be rainy and stone-like there, et cetera, et cetera~
    Rah

Species : Multiple: Gryphon and Dragon

Post  Rah on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Our innerworld is pretty diverse though our favorite spot is a clearing next to a small stream that has one really massive weeping willow next to it. I love to sit under it and let all the sweepy branches just flow in the breeze while listening to the trickle of water from the stream.

Amelia Nightside

Species : Wolf & Clado-Feline, non-kin Vampire

Post  Amelia Nightside on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 am

I'm not always the best at descriptions and as far as directions go (North, South, East, West) I'm unsure.

My inner headspace/mindscape is sort of a mishmash of scenery and environments I've seen in dreams, descriptions of astral travels and past life memories of various friends, and some of my own personal auto-daydreams and story writings. Most of it was just me fusing things together as I noticed them or heard of them. I can be a very visual person when it comes to my imagination and like to "immerse" myself into anything I'm having described to me or observing (so perhaps why I try to avoid horror flicks and excessively under-water video game scenarios x_x)

There's a large mountain, or mountain range, with one particular being the largest and the focus of my mindscape when you are in the area. Just before the tip of the mountain is something of a Temple in disrepair and largely appearing abandoned. I'm never sure if it's exclusively on the side of the mountain or if the temple is built into the mountain allowing the existence of inner tunnels and other rooms or compartments to exist. The latter would seem more appealing and reasonable to me.  .. The temple is, or was mostly white, with a few columns near the large  front/entrance area. Like a court-yardy sort of thing.. Inside there's a statue, but I've never been able to get a good "look" or mental image of it.

The mountain is so tall that there is often significant snow accumulations.

Down at the base of the mountain is a vast forest that stretches seemingly forever, especially when you're in it. Somewhere in this forest exists a small watering hole with a gentle trickling mini-water fall.  Many of the large trees in the forest, and surrounding this water hole are partially uprooted or have holes dug into the root systems creating natural, earthen caves and dens.

Not far from this water hole exists a clear meadow .

Directly across from the mountain (with the forest in the center) there's a beach beside the ocean/sea with a couple of cliffs and rock formations which sort of seclude it, but it is certainly large enough span of coast for many creatures to enjoy. .. Some creatures may take up residence under the sand, and/or these rock formations. Parts of this beach also very much resemble a desert.

There are a few smaller hilly and grassy areas around, with areas that seem to hold small villages and perhaps a castle or two, but what sorts of creatures, human, humanoid or not that exist in this world vary widely and I'm honestly not sure. .. sometimes during some of my stronger shifts I might escape here and either write about it or just generally daydream myself in feral form exploring.  

I suppose it's very middle-earth-esque or heck, even Hyrulian perhaps...
    Talon
    Administrator
    Administrator

Species : Anthro Reptile

Post  Talon on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Amelia Nightside wrote:I'm not always the best at descriptions and as far as directions go (North, South, East, West) I'm unsure.

My inner headspace/mindscape is sort of a mishmash of scenery and environments I've seen in dreams, descriptions of astral travels and past life memories of various friends, and some of my own personal auto-daydreams and story writings. Most of it was just me fusing things together as I noticed them or heard of them. I can be a very visual person when it comes to my imagination and like to "immerse" myself into anything I'm having described to me or observing (so perhaps why I try to avoid horror flicks and excessively under-water video game scenarios x_x)

There's a large mountain, or mountain range, with one particular being the largest and the focus of my mindscape when you are in the area. Just before the tip of the mountain is something of a Temple in disrepair and largely appearing abandoned. I'm never sure if it's exclusively on the side of the mountain or if the temple is built into the mountain allowing the existence of inner tunnels and other rooms or compartments to exist. The latter would seem more appealing and reasonable to me.  .. The temple is, or was mostly white, with a few columns near the large  front/entrance area. Like a court-yardy sort of thing.. Inside there's a statue, but I've never been able to get a good "look" or mental image of it.

Down at the base of the mountain is a vast forest that stretches seemingly forever, especially when you're in it. Somewhere in this forest exists a small watering hole with a gentle trickling mini-water fall.  Many of the large trees in the forest, and surrounding this water hole are partially uprooted or have holes dug into the root systems creating natural, earthen caves and dens.

Directly across from the mountain (with the forest in the center) there's a beach beside the ocean/sea with a couple of cliffs and rock formations which sort of seclude it, but it is certainly large enough span of coast for many creatures to enjoy. .. Some creatures may take up residence under the sand, and/or these rock formations. Parts of this beach also very much resemble a desert.

There are a few smaller hilly and grassy areas around, with areas that seem to hold small villages and perhaps a castle or two, but what sorts of creatures, human, humanoid or not that exist in this world vary widely and I'm honestly not sure. .. sometimes during some of my stronger shifts I might escape here and either write about it or just generally daydream myself in feral form exploring.  

This place sounds very pleasant. It's too bad we can physically project what we see inside to the outside.
    Dewdrop

Species : Dragon

Post  Dewdrop on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Amelia Nightside wrote:I'm not always the best at descriptions and as far as directions go (North, South, East, West) I'm unsure.

I agree with Talon. This sounds like such a lovely place. It's too bad we can visit each others mental get-aways!

I never really thought about my get-away as a headspace, just more of my imaginary place to calm myself when I need it. But, everything has a new term nowadays.

When I want to relax, I envision myself in a lush field of thick fluffy grass with ample amounts of flowering trees, bushes, and various little plants in abundance with a small spring that travels along one side of it.
    Amelia Nightside

Species : Wolf & Clado-Feline, non-kin Vampire

Post  Amelia Nightside on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:50 pm

*nods* Thank you both.

Whether by choice, or with the idea that this place could exist somehow, I imagined it would fit for just about everyone (since, as I said, it's a mishmash-patchwork sort of thing formed by my own subconscious as well as descriptions from other people OF their headspaces and claimed astral travels). I used to entertain the idea that headspaces and projection (astral, dream, etc) environments are somehow all interconnected, even if we don't realize it or have never been able to explore someone else's.  

I mean, just because I haven't been to Africa , doesn't mean it doesn't still exist as part of the physical world. It just means I've never seen it, whether I have the means and ability to travel there or not.

My favorite, personal spot has always been the environments within the forest, as a teen I often tried to recreate various portions of it in forum roleplays (but I never really managed to stick wtih the roleplay as it kind of left a strange feeling in the back of my head portraying my identity as some fictional entity).

The mountain and temple was either an astral travel or past life memory of a dragon-kin friend. The beach with the cliffs was another dragon-friend's getaway. Apparently it was in his kintype's nature to burrow in sand and take up residence under the sand and in self-made tunnels within the cliffs - sort of like a beaver with it's brush-den and water habitat, except that the stone/cliff formations were not self-made as far as I'm aware.

I also had an interesting dream myself (I don't remember if it was before or after I was given the description) involving this mountain and temple area. I remember flying as a human boy with a black dragon. My point of view shifted a lot from that of the boy's and that of the dragon's so I'm not sure which one was actually me, or if I was just a complete third-person, remote viewer/observer or sharer of someone else's dreamscape (dream travel maybe). I also remember seeing a lot of yellow sand, but dont' clearly remember much about it, so when the other dragon-kin friend described his sandy-deserty-beachy hidaway home, everything just sorta came together in my own mindscape.

It's like the bits and pieces were always there, I just didn't get a clear view of it all until someone came into my life and described it to me allowing the mental image I already had to come more into focus and clarity.
    Makar

Species : Dragon

Post  Makar on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:21 pm

The mind is such an amusing thing, and so very little of it is actually utilized to begin with, I found myself years ago enjoying (likely way too much) the notion of mental constructs and their usefulness to an individual. Like the popular TV show Sherlock demonstrates, Sherlock often stores away bits of information in his mind palace - a mental construct he created to store away information collected. I've found myself utilizing my own mindscape in much the same fashion, though I also use mine for relaxation methods.

My mindscape is how I have long since envisioned where my species might have existed were they to be real. From what my brain has fed me over the years, I envisioned a heavily forested tropical area dappled with mountains, streams, waterfalls, and plenty of wild game. The lair I have carved out for myself is expansive and within it's halls are things, information, memories, and various other mental tidbits that I have created spaces for so that I might remember them when I need to. There are visual cues I assign to each stored piece so that I can remember easier. That idea, aside from Sherlock, was one piece of advice I remember a public speaker giving to us as I sat in the auditorium of the college I graduated from and I made attempts to do just that. I was surprised and impressed with the results.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:24 pm