Providing a relaxed, supportive, and educational atmosphere for those who are non-human identified.

Possible Multiple Daemons...?

Possible Multiple Daemons...?

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 am

First off, I will say right now that I've recently just come to realizing my daemon's form and voice. He is a very large snow leopard whos name is Maeii'shka (Pronounced Ma-eh-sh-kaa, the double i's being silent). He has a very regal sounding voice and he loves to curl around me whenever I'm sitting on my bed. I adore him very much but there is one problem.

Apparently, there are these shadow beings that enjoy toying with me on a regular basis. I remember very clearly how back when I was a child, these beings would tell me that they were a part of me and that they would be my guide but when I ask Maeii'shka if he used to be these beings, he gets angry and tells me that they are impostors. However, I can 'commune' with these shadow beings in my mind and can 'picture' them and whever they currently are in the room.

I'm becoming a tad concerned that I either have multiple Daemons or they are trying to take Maeii'shkas place. If it really is the latter though, how can I stop these impersonators from trying to invade, if at all?

Please help, it's worrying me to no end and I don't want to somehow lose my beloved snow leopard who is, in turn, a part of me. ; ^;

Re: Possible Multiple Daemons...?

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

Anything is possible really, and I can't tell you that you don't have multiple Daemons, but I'll quote a passage for you from the daemonpage.com website FAQ~

Since dæmons are a mental construct, there's no telling a person objectively that they can or cannot have two or more dæmons. However, a central goal in dæmonism is to discover your settled form, and it doesn't make sense that you'd have two such forms. However similar the animals are, the two analyses are bound to contradict each other somewhere. In a similar vein, it's generally frowned upon to try to "settle" as an unlikely hybrid to explain the disparity in analyses (e.g. tigon or coydog). You can only have one viable settled form at the end of the day, and projecting two dæmons might hinder this process. Also, I don't know of anyone who has argued effectively that they have two dæmons. Usually if someone starts out thinking they have two constructs filling the role of dæmon, one turns out to be a general headmate or soulbond, or the two even mesh into one, more stable dæmon.

Honestly, these other things don't sound like Daemons at all. They sound like something else, but what that something else is I just don't know. What sort of vibe do you get from them?

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:35 am

Narci wrote:Anything is possible really, and I can't tell you that you don't have multiple Daemons, but I'll quote a passage for you from the daemonpage.com website FAQ~

Since dæmons are a mental construct, there's no telling a person objectively that they can or cannot have two or more dæmons. However, a central goal in dæmonism is to discover your settled form, and it doesn't make sense that you'd have two such forms. However similar the animals are, the two analyses are bound to contradict each other somewhere. In a similar vein, it's generally frowned upon to try to "settle" as an unlikely hybrid to explain the disparity in analyses (e.g. tigon or coydog). You can only have one viable settled form at the end of the day, and projecting two dæmons might hinder this process. Also, I don't know of anyone who has argued effectively that they have two dæmons. Usually if someone starts out thinking they have two constructs filling the role of dæmon, one turns out to be a general headmate or soulbond, or the two even mesh into one, more stable dæmon.

Honestly, these other things don't sound like Daemons at all. They sound like something else, but what that something else is I just don't know. What sort of vibe do you get from them?

Wow, extremely late reply, sorry!!
    And oh wow, thank you for sending me that! It clarified the situation a lot, really.
    The vibes I tend to get from them tend to be malicious though so now that I read all of that, I highly doubt that they are my daemons.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:23 pm