Providing a relaxed, supportive, and educational atmosphere for those who are non-human identified.

Daemian Chatter

Paradox

Species : Polymorph

Daemian Chatter

Post  Paradox on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Thought I'd make a thread for Daemian's to just talk generally about their Daemons. Sometimes there's just not enough to discuss to make a whole thread on, so this will do for general stuffs. If you have something in particular to discuss though, I would probably make a separate thread on it! Smile

I'm going to get this shiny thread going!

I've actually done this whole song and dance twice. I used to read the Daemonpage.com forums frequently and had a Daemon of my own, though I never figured out his settled form. The first time I tried, he took the form a smaller than usual Pikachu. No idea why. I mean, I like Pokemon, but Pikachu isn't even my favorite. This went on for awhile, I got annoyed that it was staying a Pikachu, and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I couldn't find the base form, and so I started pushing it away. Tried it again a few years later, once again, the same Pikachu. Got annoyed again because supposedly non-real animals aren't very viable as far as Daemon's go because you don't have solid information to base anything from.

Before I joined here, I was reading up again on Daemon things, trying to figure out why mine only seemed to project as a Pikachu in the past and couldn't seem to figure out why that was. It's then that I started doing research on rats, mice, and other small rodent looking animals. Discovered the "Pika", ran a search on that animal in the analysis index, and there was my answer. The base form is actually a Pika of some kind, so now the Pikachu form I project makes more sense since the character is losely based off of the animal Pika. I was getting too caught up in what I was projecting versus just taking the time to realize that at some point I would come to find out what the base form really was.

I actually feel bad for having pushed away my Daemon so many times. I realize that it's just a part of my own mind, but it still makes me feel bad! I've got to figure out a name for this little guy now since I never gave him one and I've been apologizing to him all weekend. ;_;
    Asheroth

Species : Sabertooth Cat (Smilodon Populator)

Re: Daemian Chatter

Post  Asheroth on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:51 pm

I guess your Daemon was trying to give you an insight to what it was the whole time. Smile

It's great that you've accepted your Daemon even if it's not what you were expecting. The only good part about being sick lately is that it's allowed me to work with mine more.

I'm glad that there's a few of us here that we can talk to about Daemons.

And, my thoughts are choppy. Yay medication!
    Paradox

Post  Paradox on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, as embarrassing as it is for me to admit publically what it is, I suppose it's no more odd than some who see their Daemon's with strange clothing on, or have them tap dancing. Err
    Asheroth

Post  Asheroth on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:35 pm

No, I don't suppose so. But, from what I've read, there are others who see their Daemons as cartoon characters so it's pretty normal. Don't be embarrassed! Very Happy
    Paradox

Post  Paradox on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:43 pm

That's very true!

At least it does have a normal voice and isn't screaming "PIKA PIKA" at me. I think I'd have to strangle my separate inner voice if that was the case.

And...now he's doing it just out of pure spite. The joys of Daemons.
    Asheroth

Post  Asheroth on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Paradox wrote:
    And...now he's doing it just out of pure spite. The joys of Daemons.

LOL! I needed a good laugh. Thanks!

Crackle has just been mostly staying directly by my side like he's guarding me or keeping watch over me. He's shown me that he can be silly through conversation, but he's quite the serious one so far.
    Paradox

Post  Paradox on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Nameless is..clingy. Often sitting on my shoulder, my head, my back, on my lap, or grappling my leg and asking me at random if I'm going to send him away again...which is really breaking my heart. Sad

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm

I acquired Titan (Titanium) about a year ago when I stumbled across the daemon page. I had heard the term before, but just brushed it off as something silly. I did some research on it and thought it actually sounded like a neat idea to try. So I pursued it, worked with it, and at first, I thought my Daemon was a wolf but the more I worked on projecting him and noticing his personality, I did an analysis and realized he was a Siberian Husky. He's rather large, and does look a little more wolf like than the average husky, but he's without a doubt a husky. He gained his name Titanium because he's big and sturdy looking, but I call him Titan for short.

Asheroth

Post  Asheroth on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 am

Narci wrote:I acquired Titan (Titanium) about a year ago when I stumbled across the daemon page. I had heard the term before, but just brushed it off as something silly. I did some research on it and thought it actually sounded like a neat idea to try. So I pursued it, worked with it, and at first, I thought my Daemon was a wolf but the more I worked on projecting him and noticing his personality, I did an analysis and realized he was a Siberian Husky. He's rather large, and does look a little more wolf like than the average husky, but he's without a doubt a husky. He gained his name Titanium because he's big and sturdy looking, but I call him Titan for short.

I felt silly too when I started, but not anymore! I'm glad to see there are more here who have Daemons. Smile

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Titan has been wearing a snorkle for a good portion of the day. We had a massive cold front come through that's brought a ton of storms and rain (almost 3.5 inches per hour in some locations) and I guess he thinks we're going to float away. Giggle
    Kai
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Species : Snow Leopard/Dragon

Post  Kai on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:22 am

Narci wrote:Titan has been wearing a snorkle for a good portion of the day. We had a massive cold front come through that's brought a ton of storms and rain (almost 3.5 inches per hour in some locations) and I guess he thinks we're going to float away. Giggle
    how does a husky wear a snorkel? That sounds like a funny image.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Howe's Egg Principle

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Kai wrote:how does a husky wear a snorkel? That sounds like a funny image.

The best way he can. Giggle

Starchaser

Species : Constans Werewolf

Post  Starchaser on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:44 pm

I had an imaginary friend when I was little, and I'm wondering what makes a Daemon any different than that?  I've read that Daemon's are projections of your true inner self, but I would think that if that were the case, wouldn't those of you who have Daemon's just be projecting yourself?  Especially if you're some kind of non-human, if being such is all about what we are on the inside, wouldn't we just see a reflection of what we are supposed to be?  Enlighten me. Smile
    Kai
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Species : Snow Leopard/Dragon

Post  Kai on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Starchaser wrote:I had an imaginary friend when I was little, and I'm wondering what makes a Daemon any different than that?  I've read that Daemon's are projections of your true inner self, but I would think that if that were the case, wouldn't those of you who have Daemon's just be projecting yourself?  Especially if you're some kind of non-human, if being such is all about what we are on the inside, wouldn't we just see a reflection of what we are supposed to be?  Enlighten me. Smile

You know, I've kind of wondered this too. All the points you made are good ones, if a daemon's your inner you, would it just be...you know, you? Can someone maybe help us understand what distinguishes a daemon from an imaginary friend?

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Howe's Egg Principle
    Wind

Species : Dragon Shifter

Post  Wind on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Kai wrote:
    Starchaser wrote:I had an imaginary friend when I was little, and I'm wondering what makes a Daemon any different than that?  I've read that Daemon's are projections of your true inner self, but I would think that if that were the case, wouldn't those of you who have Daemon's just be projecting yourself?  Especially if you're some kind of non-human, if being such is all about what we are on the inside, wouldn't we just see a reflection of what we are supposed to be?  Enlighten me. Smile
    You know, I've kind of wondered this too. All the points you made are good ones, if a daemon's your inner you, would it just be...you know, you? Can someone maybe help us understand what distinguishes a daemon from an imaginary friend?
    Since this has gone unanswered for so long, I'll take a stab at it.

Daemon's are, as the Daemonpage website puts it, "glorified imaginary friends". As children, we might have talked out loud to our imaginary friends, played with them, and so on..Daemon are said to settle on a viable form (settled form) that represents our personalities and that form is generally an Earth based animal. When personality typing, you may find that your personality is best represented by a rabbit (I'm actually working on this part myself in my experience). This really doesn't have any bearing on your identity so it would come as no surprise to see someone with a non-human identity have a personality type that doesn't match.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:59 pm