Providing a relaxed, supportive, and educational atmosphere for those who are non-human identified.

Tulpas, how many have them around here?

Seven

Species : Multiple System

Tulpas, how many have them around here?

Post  Seven on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:11 am

For anyone who's read my journal or looked at my avatar lately, you probably know of Kara.

I was wondering if anyone else around here had a tulpa they wouldn't mind acknowledging?
    Kai
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Species : Snow Leopard/Dragon

Re: Tulpas, how many have them around here?

Post  Kai on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:19 pm

I know this threads old, but I think its still relevant. Especially since this sub-board doesn't have that many posts.

I discovered tulpa.info last month and learned that what I thought was plurality was actually an accidental tulpa. I ended up having to get rid of her because she was dangerous to my mental health. But now that I know what that are, and how to treat one. I'm making a tulpa of my own. Intentionally.

She's coming along. Has her own personality and the budding of free will. I'm just not good at parallel processing, and she has no voice yet.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Howe's Egg Principle
    Talon
    Administrator
    Administrator

Species : Anthro Reptile

Post  Talon on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Kai wrote:I know this threads old, but I think its still relevant. Especially since this sub-board doesn't have that many posts.

I discovered tulpa.info last month and learned that what I thought was plurality was actually an accidental tulpa. I ended up having to get rid of her because she was dangerous to my mental health. But now that I know what that are, and how to treat one. I'm making a tulpa of my own. Intentionally.

She's coming along. Has her own personality and the budding of free will. I'm just not good at parallel processing, and she has no voice yet.

Why the desire to create a Tulpa?
    Makar

Species : Dragon

Post  Makar on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:32 pm

Kai wrote:I know this threads old, but I think its still relevant. Especially since this sub-board doesn't have that many posts.

Are you quite sure she was really a tulpa at all? Perhaps she was just a part of you that you separated and ultimately learned how to deal with? Such is life.

I add my own question to Talon's. What reason do you have to want to make a Tulpa?
    Kai
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Species : Snow Leopard/Dragon

Post  Kai on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:45 am

Talon wrote:
    Why the desire to create a Tulpa?
    Partly.out of curiosity and I will admit the idea sounds cool. I spent some time thinking it put before commuting and I kept coming back to my therapists words. That I only think with my "Spock" brain, and need to involve Kirk (the enotional side) more. That's getting harder and harder for me as I get older, since I can't grasp having ma Kirk voice, I'm creating one. Imprinting the extrovert, brave, and compassionate personality I feel and would have liked to have, if my left brain took a vacation.
    Using argue with having a biddy in my head either. I'm setting up a pretty sweet mindshare for us, with a garden, enormous trees, and a beach in the sky. ^.^
    Makar wrote:

Are you quite sure she was really a tulpa at all?  Perhaps she was just a part of you that you separated and ultimately learned how to deal with?  Such is life.

I add my own question to Talon's.  What reason do you have to want to make a Tulpa?  
    Now I'm sure my accidental creation was tulpa, yes. Until recently discovering this community of tulpa and their hosts, I thought what I had with Xi was some kind of median plural system. It never felt like the terms of plurality fit right, but it was what I knew at the time.

On tulpa.info ive found many threads on making tulpa, what they are, things people believe about them. The beginning steps are actually what sold me my creation was a tulpa. She was a character that I developed for rp, but got attached and brought her into every aspect. I even used to celebrate her birthday. All the attention I gave, that's what made her as developed as she was. Its also why when I denied her, and stopped giving her attention she faded away. My understanding is that tulpa need their hosts attention and/or energy to survive. Whereas a legit pural-grade headmate doesn't need the host for anything more than feeding the body. Maybe not even that if the system knows how to switch who's in front.

(My sleeping meds are kicking in,all I see is fuzz. I'm sorry for any glaring tulpa's. Ill get to fixing them tomorrow.) Sleepy

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Howe's Egg Principle
    Sparta

Species : Raichu

Post  Sparta on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:33 am

I actually tried making a tulpa one time when I learned about them and it started to turn into my old Charizard best friend. I couldn't change what it was becoming and so I abandoned the idea. I was horribly sad after that, and confused. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:50 am